Friday, July 01, 2005

All the Tennis News That Matters

My partner and I retained the Men's Doubles Over-40s trophy at Laytown/Bettystown Tennis Club last night, but we were knocked out of the main event in the semis, 6-4, 6-4, immediately afterwards, by the present holders, two 20-somethings who'd smugly watched us wear ourselves out from the comfort of the clubhouse. In the Mixed event, my (incredibly hot) partner and I had to scratch in the semis because she's headed off to L.A. today with her real-life partner, leaving behind only fond and erotic memories of her apparel selection and her phenomenal forehand.


And apparently Venus Williams won.

4 comments:

Reidski said...

Well done!

John said...

Cheers, Reidski. Awards to be presentd on Sunday. I think I win a t-shirt. Not exactly dignified for an Over-40s.

Martin said...

Yeah but were the people you beat 20 years older than you?

John said...

Only one of them. The other one is a Gard.