Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tonight's Quandary



The rearrangement of The Alty vs Northwich Vics New Year's Day derby to tonight has left me with a decision to make. Having already bought a ticket for a gig in Manchester I'm now left with several options:

a) go to the match for 90 minutes and have a few drinks in the bar afterwards and thereby lose £10 on the gig ticket.

b) go to the match, leave at half-time knowing victory is secure/disgruntled and just see the headline band.

c) just go to the gig, see the support and headline band and rely on text updates from my mates at the game.

Bearing in mind that having a season ticket means I've already paid for the match and that the band is The Airborne Toxic Event, what should I do?

3 comments:

J.J said...

Being a bit of a 'wuss' myself when it comes to getting cold there would be no contest tonight. For me the nice warm gig would win hands down.

Very relieved our scheduled match for tonight has been postponed.

Martin said...

The cold doesn't bother me JJ,it's nippy out but we've escaped the worst of the weather by the looks of it.

My mate Barry reckons I should go the match because due to their perilous circumstances we may never see Vics again. That and I owe him £31 for Polly Harvey tickets.

John said...

(b) please, so we can have two reviews, one of the first half of the match, the other of the second half of the gig.