Friday, May 20, 2005

That 10 thing

that's doing the round is incredibly annoying because there are LOADS of things I haven't done, but why define your life negatively: I've never been to the Moon, to Mars, to Millwall, for instance, but who gives a fuck? Anyway, here's my list of ten things I've never done:

1: Liked any of my bosses

2: Stabbed anyone for fun

3: Kept a promise if I could get out of it

4: Buried a dead pet

5: Faked multiple orgasms

6: Read a work of fiction and felt the better for it

7: Deliberately ejaculated over the back of a greyhound

8: Done a fair day's work for a fair day's pay

9: Knowingly produced children

10: Paid for drugs


Much the same as most people, I imagine.

4 comments:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Now why use the word "deliberately" in number seven?

I would say 'questions shall be asked', but I rather feel uninclined!

I know that defining your life negatively can be a bad thing. But funnily, I find that mostly we regret the things we haven't done - the places we didn't go, the books we didn't buy or read, the great love we didn't take - rather than those things we did.

And any, what's the point in regreting what you have done since you cannot go back and undo it?

Perhaps less '10 things I have never done' than '10 things I am still do to' (and want to?) - maybe that would be a better meme?

John said...

well exactly. Why moan when there's still plenty of time to go out and do it? Lists like these are really just for old gits, aren't they?

Reidski said...

Never been to Millwall? Assuming you mean the football side rather than the area of London where this team started out from, you should be ashamed of yourself, young man!
Little known fact No 567: Millwall football club was formed by a group of exiled Dundonians (that's people from Dundee, by the way) who worked in a jam factory on the Isle of Dogs. For the first few years of their existence, the team was either entirely or mostly Scottish players. I think I'll return to this subject for a blog in the near future.

John said...

Suitably shamed, I meant the club, but only for alliterative purposes; I should have picked Middlesbrough.