Friday, February 11, 2005

Damn that rapid eye movement!

BBC 2 showed the Culture Show not once but TWICE last night and I managed to miss both of them, so am thus unable to comment on the interview with the marvellous Kurt Vonnegut, not to mention the apparently enjoyable riling of R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe by Paul Morley, something I would have gladly paid to have seen (I'd have paid more for a scrap, mind you, and I wouldn't have minded who lost).

The first showing was too early, while I was still coming home from work, and the second was at 11, when, like all good boys, I was tucked up in bed and fast asleep.

Did anybody tape it or can they post a report?

2 comments:

Reidski said...

If I remember, I'll post a more detailed report on my blog. Only to say, yes, Paul Morley, who I always enjoy listening to, was superb with Stipe. He did everything but say directly: "Yes, Michael, but the fact is you are absolutely shite now and all you do is play your old songs!"

John said...

Thanks, Reidski. I'll check it out. Remind me to blogroll you. I've been popping over for a sneaky read and envious vicarious enjoyment of your Go4 experiences.