Friday, February 04, 2005

"Keep that nut away from me!" - God*

Turkish assassin Mehmet Ali Agca has sent a letter to the pope wishing him a speedy recovery from his current illness, according to the Turkish daily paper Vatan.

In the letter, Agca, who is serving a sentence for killing a Turkish journalist and a robbery, tells the pope, "You and I, we have both suffered in trying to spread religion around the world. I hope you regain your health in the near future."

and

"We are approaching the end of the world. This generation is the last generation. I hope God grants you strength and health."

It's nice to know people care. I particularly like "We have both suffered in trying to spread religion . . . etc." As Bill Hicks said, in another context, "Thanks to you, you fucker!"

* with apologies to Steve Bell. A very old joke.

No comments: