Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Gigs in Barcelona

I’m glad Jordi has joined us. I know he dropped in a few times to take a look.
Well, if any of you happen to be in Barcelona during these days, there are a couple of gigs you may find interesting. Next Thursday 17th, Urge Overkill are playing at the Bikini (check out the Bikini new site, by the way). They scored a hit when Tarantino used their cover of Neil Diamond’s number “Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon” for one of his films. After that, they released one last record, and then disappeared. Now they’re back, and they will play in Barcelona in two days. I admit I’m curious to see their show.
Another interesting band that will be visiting us next Sunday 20th is Wilco. They are playing again in Barcelona (at the Razzmatazz), after the excellent show they offered at the last Primavera Sound Festival. I was there, but I wouldn’t mind an encore.
Well, I hope we can keep enjoying more good gigs around here, while we wait for the next Primavera Sound.

4 comments:

John said...

Hi Jose--

Loved Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and the new Wilco album is currently my driving listening. Martin says it's a "grower": It grows on you.

Last time I was in Chicago at the Hideout, Burch and Bach performed songs from the Mermaid Avenue albums they did with Billy Bragg: the Woody Guthrie songs. It brought tears of happiness to my eyes.

Jose said...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is definitely my favourite Wilco record. Last year I had the chance to watch the documentary film about its recording (I Am Trying to Break Your Heart). And I just bought the previous one, Summerteeth.
By the way, the gig was worth the price. Even if I had seen them less than a year ago. I really enjoyed it.
Now I think I'll rest a little, and get ready for the Primavera Sound.

John said...

Was the gig expensive? Gigs on the continent seem to be cheaper than what we pay here.

Jose said...

The price for that gig was 25 euros. Here gigs usually cost between 18 and 30 euros, depending on the artist and the venue. Anyway, I've been to a couple of gigs lately for 10 and 12 euros (Ken Stringfellow, Styrofoam...)