Wednesday, June 22, 2005

matters musical

1. The total volume of music on my mac:

god knows. i have 7,034 songs playlisted in my iTunes library but i have about 53GB of music in total on my external hard drive. how many songs is that, roughly? about 12,000?

i have about 3,000 songs on my iPod.

2. Song playing right now:

the first song on the ghost of fashion by clem snide.

erm, let's have a look.......

...ah yes, "let's explode"

i like clem snide.


3. Last album I bought:

not sure. i think it was the trojan skinhead reggae boxset although i've probably bought something off www.emusic.com since then. (good site for independent record label stuff and cheap, too. $20 a month for 90 downloads)



4. Five songs I've been listening to a lot:

"twisting mary's arm" - hefner

"born to a family" - the go-betweens

"deeper into movies" - yo la tengo

"sister jack" - spoon

"the sporting life" - the decemberists



5. Passing this along to:

dunno. is kev jones still alive?

5 comments:

John said...

Do you never delete anything?

Martin said...

I've got Yo La Tengo "Summer Suns" (?) on my cd player at the moment. The only problem is the person who leant it to me couldn't find the cover so I've no idea what the songs are. Nice Summer music though.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I think you mean "Summer Sun" 2003
Featuring:

1. Beach party tonight
2. Little eyes
3. Nothing but you and me
4. Season of the shark
5. Today is the day
6. Tiny birds
7. How to make a baby elephant float
8. Georgia vs Yo La Tengo
9. Don't have to be so sad
10. Winter a go go
11. Moonrock mambo
12. Let's be still
13. Take care

"Little Eyes" is just beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

griff said...

"Do you never delete anything?"

not very often. i have this notion that i'll transfer a lot of the stuff i D/L from emusic onto discs but i never really get round to it.

i still have 25BG of space on my external hard drive so i'm not panicking yet.

Martin said...

Thanks Lisa. It says "Summer Sun" on the disc now that I look. I think my mates kids have probably devoured inserts by now.