Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Irish Blog Awards

Counago & Spaves has been long-listed in a couple of categories at the Irish Blog Awards. We're rather chuffed, even if we get no further. You can vote for us here in the Best Group Blog category and in the Most Humourous Post category for this.

Our highly esteemed friends Joseph McManus and Manuel Estimulo are also up in the Most Humourous Posting and in the Best Blog/Blogger categories. Far be it from us to sway how you vote, particularly since Joe and Manuel are rivals in one category, but you might want to exhibit some appreciation of their work in another category.

Or, indeed, for us in another category.

12 comments:

Reidski said...

Good luck John et al

John said...

Thank you very much. Most kind.

And I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

And I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone.

Really?!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

PS duly voted

Reidski said...

Also duly voted. And also reminded of that hilarious caption competition - you are a comic genius. Although you are not as funny as McManus or, for that matter, Manuel - I wonder why the latter is in the Irish blog awards anyway?

John said...

Lisa, when i say I speak for everyone, I obviously mean everyone here at C&S, since no-one else bothers posting anything; I didn't mean for Joe and Manuel!

Thanks for voting guys. I don't think we stand much of a chance against such stiff competition though.

J.J said...

No mate. You don't stand a chance against that McManus bloke.

Erh, did I break that quite gently enough?

McManus said...

I reckon we're both screwed. Estimulo is by far and away the funniest blog in the competition, even if it isn't meant to be.

You do have readers with veery good taste, though.

Lorcy said...

done and done! also voted for the amazing Clamnuts from great cartoonist Bob Bryne and a one-man war for independent GOOD Irish comics and against art council quagoism!

Martin said...

An evil race those quagos.

John said...

Cheers Lorcs. Top man. Let us know when the UEA Blog Awards take place and we'll fix it for you.

griff said...

"you are a comic genius"

he's not as good as Norman Haircut.