Monday, March 20, 2006

Taxi but no Tapas

In the end, despite my best intentions, I only got to see one film at the Viva! festival and that was El Taxista Ful, a drily witty film about an unemployed middle-aged taxi thief in Barcelona who, after being arrested, is adopted by the local anarchist and squatters organisations.

Last night we arrived half an hour before the start of Tapas only to find The Cornerhouse packed and all the shows sold out. Not one for booking in advance for cinema tickets, I decided to return to the pub in Alty and so missed the chance to meet Jose Corbacho and Juan Cruz, the Goya award-winning directors and friends of Pep and Jordi, who Pep informed me would be travelling to Manchester for the screening. Shame. I'll just have get the DVD when it is released.

1 comment:

Jose said...

I'm glad the theater was packed at the screening of Tapas. Too bad you didn't get to see it, Martin. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to see it eventually.
The film you finally got to see, El Taxista Ful, sounds quite interesting. As far as I know, it hasn't been released in Spain, yet. But I hope we can get to see it soon around here.