Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hong Durie? Rubbish!

With Jane mentioning Skinner and Baddiel I thought I should share with everyone my World Cup 98 players-who-are-a-phrase entry which Skinner introduced on Fantasy Football with "and this is my favourite from Martin Green in Cheshire" and then read out "Hong Durie".

If I can remember correctly it went:

El-Ouaer (Saudi Arabia)
Cerny (Switzerland)
Issa (South Africa)
Guivarc'h (France)
Hogh (Denmark)
Earle (Jamaica)

Slight Geordie accent required

9 comments:

John said...

You're going to have to spell this one out to me, dullard that I am. And I'm sure you told me at the time.

Reidski said...

spell it out phonetically, by the way, cos I don't know what the fuck you are on young man!!

And can I repeat, Skinner and Baddiel are/were a pair of racist fucks! I said it a bit more politely over at jane's!

Martin said...

I'll start you off

"All we are saying..."

John said...

Ok. Poetic licence. Rather excellent.

Reidski said...

No fucking idea - please please please spell out

Martin said...

"...is give us a goal."

Painfully contrived? Definitely. You should have seen the squad names I had to work with.If you're lucky I met attempt another one in June.

Martin said...

Jeez, with spelling like that above I'd best not try anything wordy for a while.

John said...

Mart--

Maybe a bouncing ball over the top of each syllable would help.

Reidski said...

I wouldn't say I'm slow but ... yes, got there in the end. Oh, and it was funny.