Friday, June 30, 2006

How Are the Mighty Fallen (Or Did He Dive?)

According to Steve Rushin in the June 12 issue of Sports Illustrated, this is the world's worst Wikipedia entry.

And to think that everything I knew about footie as a kid I learned from him. I could trip over my own feet in the centre circle, land inside the box, take out the keeper's eye from 15 feet with a well-placed gob during the run-up to the penno, and then slot the ball into the left-hand corner with a look of injured innocence, all at the age of 10.

Who says footballers don't provide great role models?

2 comments:

Martin said...

Why is it the world's worst?

John said...

The negative profile: the accusation of diving and the revelation that he is known as the Bog Roll King.

As opposed to what he did at Man City. I didn't Wiki Peter Swales.