Monday, July 30, 2007

Wot, No Chav?


The August issue of National Geographic Kids has a special feature on the making of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and, for the benefit of its young American readership, presents a quiz on "English: Great Britain Style."

"People in Great Britain speak English, but you may not know some of the words. See if you can match these words to their American meanings":

1: Lorry A: Think

2: Git B: Throw Up

3: Spew C: Fool

4: Reckon D: Oh My

5: Blimey E: Truck



How did you do?

    4 comments:

    Will said...

    Is there a catch here?

    John said...

    Nope. I was just amused at the choice of words, particularly, Spew, Git and Blimey.

    How many DID you get?

    Reidski said...

    I got them all, so do I get a special prize?

    Reidski said...

    Get McManus onto this one ... found the following on the NGK's "Vote for America's Most Amazing Pets" section:

    "My amazing pet is my dog Murdock. Murdock’s life has been dark. What I mean is that my dog has no eyes. He was born without them.
    Murdock knows tricks. We taught him “watch” so he won’t run into things."

    I offer you this with no comment on it whatsover!