Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Meanest Kid on the Block

In the June issue of Esquire magazine, Gore Vidal reflects on what he's learned from life:

I’ve developed a total loathing for McCain, conceited little asshole. And he thinks he’s wonderful. I mean, you can just tell, this little simper of self-love that he does all the time. You just want to kick him.

Get rid of religion. It’ll do you no good.

Every fool I knew had gone to university. I didn’t think it necessary. I’d seen some of the results, you know?

Patriotism is as sickening today as it has ever been. I was watching the news before you came and there was a lot of coverage of Kosovo and the problems there. They showed footage of people burning an American flag. And the newscaster got all broken up and teary-eyed. He says, “I guess [sob] I just feel something here, folks, when I see the American flag being burned.” And I said, You fucking asshole. Whatever happened to the news?

No comments: