Thursday, August 27, 2009

French Philosophy Football

A couple of gems from Arsene Wenger:

"I believe really that it was not a penalty but I am also not sure that the keeper didn't touch him with his right knee, having seen it again."

This reminds me of the Barry Manilow fan who rang in to a radio show to defend her idol by saying "Barry hasn't got a big nose. And anyway, big is beautiful"

And

"Is it acceptable? I never asked in my life any guy to dive to win a penalty."


Oh, I'm sure you don't tell your players to dive Arsene, but conversely do you tell them not to? And do you punish them when they do?

Even as a neutral I was fuming at Eduardo's self-satisfied celebration after scoring the penalty. What must Celtic fans have been feeling?

2 comments:

J.J said...

I know at least one Celtic supporter who nearly kicked his TV in he was so angry Martin!

griff said...

You've got a beautiful nose, Martin.